Hurting? Struggling? Discouraged? Stressed? Confused? Broken?
Call Carol Wenzl at 405-203-5047 or Marianne Stich at 918-698-9646 to receive care.
Stephen Ministers are ready to care.!
Bear one another’s burdens, and so you will fulfill the law of Christ (Galatians 6:2).
What is Stephen Ministry?
Our parish Stephen Ministry equips lay people to provide confidential, one-to-one Christian care to individuals in our congregation and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives.
A Stephen Minister is. . .
- A child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting.
- A parishioner with gifts for caregiving, who was carefully selected to serve in this role.
- A lay person who has received 50 hours of training in providing emotional and spiritual care.
- A caring, Christian friend who listens, cares, prays, supports, and encourasges.
- Someone who will "be there" for his or her care received, meeting faithfully for about an hour each week, for as long as there's a need.
You play an important role in our Stephen Ministry. Here's what you can do:
- Pray for God to bring hope and healing to hurting peolple through our Stephen Ministry.
- Accept care from a Stephen Minister during your time of need. God doesn't expect you to bear your burdens alone.
- Tell a friend, neighbor, coworker, or relative who is hurting about our Stephen ministry.
- If you are a good listener and a compassionate person, prayerfully consider becoming a Stephen Minister.
Trained leaders in our parish who oversee and direct our Stephen Ministry.
- If you -- or someone you know -- could benefit from the care of a Stephen Minister. . .
- If you are interested in possibly becoming a Stephen Minister. . .
- If you have any other questions about Stephen Ministry. . .
Stephen Ministry Multiplies Ministry.
Pastors will always be on the front lines of care, especially during times of crisis. But there are always many more needs for ongoing, one-to-one care than pastors can effectively meet by themselves.
Stephen Ministry provides a Biblical solution -- equipping God's people for ministry. Gifted lay people are trained to support and extend the care that pastors continue to provide.
Stephen Ministers reach out with God's love to people who are hurting -- both congregation members and nonmembers alike.
Stephen Ministers Care for People Facing Tough Times.
We all experience challenges in life -- times when we could benefit from the support of a caring Christian friend. Stephen Ministers are ready to provide the emotional and spiritual care we need when faced with a crisis or difficulty, such as --
- Loss of a loved one
- Divorce or separation
- Loneliness or discouragement
- Spiritual crises
- Unemployment or a job crisis
- A terminal illness
- Birth, adoption, miscarriage, or infertility
- A chronic illness
- Recovery after an accident or disaster
- And many more
Stephen Ministry in our Parish.
- Could you benefit from the confidential, one-to-one care and support of a Stephen Minister?
- Do you know someone else -- perhaps a friend, neighbor, coworker, or relative -- who could benefit from Stephen Ministry?
- Are you interested in possibly becoming a Stephen Minister?
Stephen Ministry is Christ Caring for People tghrough People at the
Church of the Epiphany of the Lord
7336 W Britton Road
Oklahoma City, OK 73132
Stephen Ministries St. Louis Supports our Parish Stephen Ministry
Stephen Ministries is a not-for-profit Christian educational organization based in St. Louis, Missouri. Founded in 1975, Stephen Ministries provides training and resources to thousands of congregations and organizations worldwide.
Call Carol Wenzl at 405-203-5047 or Marianne Stich at 918-698-9646 to access care or receive more information.